Monday, December 22, 2008

The Morning Chart


Why does the written word have so much power? This morning, Logan woke up late but thanks to our chart, we got ready for school on time. I did have to help him with his clothes, but that was because he was still soooo sleepy. Otherwise, he looked at the chart for his next steps and went on to do them as if it was the law. The chart helps me too because I always forget to give him his nose spray in the morning. I wonder why exactly are charts so helpful. Does it help with his anxiety? Does it help him organize? Will it help him learn to organize or will I just have to make charts for him until he's 21?

2 comments:

Chef Penny said...

It will help him organize and get the hang of it. My Logan used one when he was smaller but we haven't had one in years and he just turned 11. Good job helping him to work on processing now!

Jenn said...

Thanks for your comment. I think I am just going to make him more charts, possibly one for bedtime too. I really do hope it changes the way he organizes things in his brain.