One thing I haven’t talked about in a while is my marriage. If you recall, my dear husband Kai, said he would read a book that I asked him to read on improving marriage. I’m pretty sure he stopped reading it.
I’m not sure how to become happier with our marriage. Once in a while, I say, “We need to talk.”
I have to ask him to turn off the TV and ask him to look at me (sounds like I’m talking to
Anyway, instead of blaming him for our marital woes, this time I decided to take a look at myself and see where I may be annoying or irritating him.
- I lose lots of things like my library books and last night I lost the cover for the USB port thingy that stores information. He HATES this about me. He never loses things or pay late fines.
- I always ask for hugs and kisses in the morning even though I know he is not a morning person and would much rather be left alone.
- I rarely cook him dinners that he likes. A lot of it is GFCFSF and I try not to fuss over dinner. I have to make it when Spencer is napping so I don't have time to make something elaborate. It also has to be reheated when he comes home so it's never fresh. It also gives me stress since many times Logan will not eat what Spencer eats and vice versa and they can't or won't eat what Daddy eats so I have to make three dinners.
- I only talk about the kids. He'd rather hear a truncated version unless its humorous or very interesting. He does like hearing about the blog tho so I've sort of become interesting.
- I have no idea about what is going on in the financial world, as tumultuous as it is. It just happens to be his line of work so I think I lose respect from him in this area.
- I blog too much. At first, he was happy that I had this in my life but then he'd see me at the computer at 2 AM. He knows that lack of sleep affects my anxiety and he rarely says what is on his mind. Thus I don't know if he's mad that I'm working so late or he's worried about me.
- I am not as thin as when he met me. He's never said anything but I'm sure I'm not as sexy to him as I used to be. I don't even exercise that much despite my new gym membership.
- There are things in this house that needs to be organized that remains untouched. Note my counter space from a recent post.
Maybe I’ll work on this list, one at a time and see if it makes a difference in how he acts toward me. I hope so but I'm already a bit doubtful… For the past 36 hours, I didn’t have internet access so I ended up cleaning the whole house and doing a lot of organizing. Did he have any comments? Of course not. I have a cup of tea in my hand now and I have been trying really hard not to throw it at him. It’s not even hot anyway.
(Pictured: Kai and I had dinner on M on the Bund in Shanghai during our honeymoon. Behind is is a balcony view of the Bund. Gosh, our lives were so different then. It was only a little over six years ago.)